The STM32F0DISCOVERY helps you to discover the STM32F0 Cortex-M0 features and to develop your applications easily. It includes everything required for beginners and experienced users to get started quickly.
Based on the STM32F051R8T6, it includes an ST-LINK/V2 embedded debug tool, LEDs, pushbuttons and an additional prototyping board for easy connection of additional components and modules.
- STM32F051R8T6 microcontroller featuring 64 KB Flash, 8 KB RAM in an LQFP64 package
- On-board ST-LINK/V2 with selection mode switch to use the kit as a standalone ST-LINK/V2 (with SWD connector for programming and debugging)
- Board power supply: through USB bus or from an external 5 V supply voltage
- External application power supply: 3 V and 5 V
- Four LEDs:
- LD1 (red) for 3.3 V power on
- LD2 (red/green) for USB communication
- LD3 (green) for PC9 output
- LD4 (blue) for PC8 output
- Two push buttons (user and reset)
- Extension header for all LQFP64 I/Os for quick connection to prototyping board and easy probing
- An additional board is provided which can be connected to the extension connector for even easier prototyping and probing.
ST is currently offering this evaluation board as free sample. If you are intrested, click here and register. I recently registered and already received the evaluation board. One problem with this board I felt is the lack of open source or free IDE for debugging and programming. Or it could be just that I could not find one yet. I will play around with this board once I have some free time. This would really be a powerful board to try out some cpu intensive and complex projects.
For the price this is a great board to play with. The pricing is around $8-$10 per board based on the distributor you buy it from. Thanks to ST for bringing cheap development boards to the hobby community.
UPDATE: After a bit of searching around the web for open source development tools for STM32 ARM microcontrollers, I found the following article:
UPDATE: Here is another great ARM Cortex IDE I found after asking on a forum and it is totally free: